Personal Trainer - Talise Fitness - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Burj Al Arab is managed by Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hospitality company and a member of Dubai Holding.
Burj Al Arab is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321 meters. It is one of the most photographed structures in the world and has been consistently voted the world's most luxurious hotel, with features including in suite check-in and check-out, reception desks on every floor, round-the-clock private butlers and use of the hotel's Rolls-Royce fleet and private beach. The hotel's 202 luxury suites range from 170 to 780 square meters with a rain shower and a Jacuzzi in each suite, as well as six restaurants and conference and banqueting venues.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fitness Professional to join Talise Fitness at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to provide professional individual and group fitness classes, assistance to guests in the areas of proper exercise technique, workout efficiency, safe weight training and personal fitness motivation.
Your key duties would include:
- Conduct individual and group fitness sessions, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants' capabilities and limitations
- Assist in organising and conducting workshops and events
- Provide pre and post fitness assessments
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from exercise
- Evaluate individual's abilities, needs and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Offer alternatives during fitness sessions to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Observe participants and inform them to corrective measures necessary for skill improvement
- Monitor participants' progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Provide guest with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control and lifestyle issues
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion
- Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities or refer injured persons to physicians.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have High level fitness Instructor Qualifications and / or sports science related HND Degree and or a minimum of UK Reps level 3 or equivalent. A Minimum of 2 years experience as a senior Fitness Consultant or similar environment and a minimum of 6 years of previous work experience with solid track records and strong references is essential for this role.
You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).