Storekeeper/Receiver - OKKU - The H Hotel
Whissle is a Dubai based full service boutique hospitality company founded by Markus Thesleff and Ramzy Abdul-Majeed, who are the co-founders of the multi-award winning OKKU Luxury Japanese Restaurant | Lounge (www.okku.com). Riva Beach; a standalone Beach Club in Palm Jumeirah. CLAW, an American Crabshack Concept in Souk Al Bahar, Cielo Sky Lounge & Casa de Tapas at Dubai Golf and Sophies - Palm Jumeirah.
We are seeking a Storekeeper for OKKU at The H Hotel to start asap.
- Ensures that all items are physically received, inspected and weighed as necessary, in case of technical items, equipment, furniture, and certain food items, the concerned department is consulted to confirm the quality and specifications. Materials are inspected, weighed & measured (as applicable) thoroughly. A visual inspection will not suffice.
- The supplier’s invoice is acknowledged by affixing the receiving stamp on the original and the supplier’s copy of the invoice, after the checking & satisfying that the material received are as per our order.
- Ensures that the invoice is dated and LPO number is quoted. Outdated invoices are not accepted, as this may result in problems regarding settlement. If the invoice is outdated, the vendor or his representative is requested to correct it and initial for the correction.
- Ensures that items arriving without authorization are not received
- Some items (e.g. milk, bread, etc.) are received during non-working hours. Apart from such items (list to be prepared and approved by management), no other invoices are to be passed for payment without physically receiving the item.
- After the items are received, a receiving report and summary is prepared. The copy of this is given to the F&B Cost Control, with original invoices; with calculator printed totals are sent to Accounts Payable for further processing.
- Checks daily all system authorized storeroom requisitions for timely preparation of the issue documents and issuance of the ordered items.
- Ensures the implementation of the established procedures for receiving items into the stores, issuance and storing, to prevent losses due to pilferage and/or spoilage.
- Ensures all storeroom issues are conducted according to an approved system order and upon issuance quantities are posted instantly in the system.
- Initiates system purchase requests for stocks reaching reorder levels according to the established Min/Max stock levels.
- Responsible for proper arrangement of all inventory stock items to facilitate easy issuance and items identification.
- Responsible for maintaining all storeroom areas to the highest Okku/Riva/Claw safety & hygiene standards, guided by the Cost Controller.
- Responsible for reporting any storeroom maintenance requirements.
- Assists in storeroom inventory stock taking upon request.
- Prepares all items requested as per the authorized system storeroom requisition, for timely pick up by the concerned department.
- Ensures proper policy procedures are adhered to for all stock items received and issued.
- Can join immediately