Director of Events
Reporting to the Director of Sales & Marketing, the successful candidate will have current UAE experience, ideally in Dubai and will be already in similar position at a good quality hotel.
The key responsibilities will include:
· Driving the catering team efforts to maximize revenue and profitability
· Setting individual revenue and activity targets for the catering sales team.
· Directing and managing all activity related to the Catering office, ensuring all service standards are followed
· Responsible for all catering, from booking to execution and conference services from the time a contract becomes definite to execution
· Prepare an annual budget for approval and administer that budget in a fiscally responsible manner
· Establishing and maintaining rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business
· Developing annual business plans for the department in conjunction with the Director of Business Development
· Ensure that function bookings, group resumes and event contract are prepared and distributed accurately and efficiently
· Ensure meeting and function rooms are properly maintained at all times liaising with the banquet
· Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
For further information, please contact Magdalena Dubinska by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If already registered with HOCAPS, it is not necessary to send a CV unless it is needs to be updated from our last contact with you. It may be easier to just send an email expressing your interest. However, if you have not registered with HOCAPS, please send a full CV in Word or PDF format. For international assignments, it is essential that we also receive a business style photograph. We always require three referees with email contact details, in order to progress with any suitable candidates.
Please note that due to the specific requirements of this role, we will only personally respond to candidates who meet the above criteria.