Title: Corporate Pastry Trainer
per individual offer
Full job details
Primary Function: An integral part of the Corporate Culinary Team responsible for the pastry departments on all ships in the fleet and properties operated by Holland America Line. Works with, guides and supports all Executive Pastry Chefs in regards to recipes, standard operating procedures, pastry training and all pastry program initiatives. Provides and maintains the pastry promotion list as well as all pastry personnel development records to Seattle Corporate Office.
Reports To: Corporate Executive Chef
- Assumes responsibility of the entire pastry operation fleet wide.
- Monitors and evaluates Executive Pastry Chefs and their subordinates for adherence to corporate standard operating procedures, team work and development of pastry personnel. Provides solutions to all challenges regarding pastry departments.
- Performs pastry culinary audits for all vessels to monitor the processes and supervision of pastry operations during periodic visits. Discusses issues with the Executive Chefs and Pastry Chefs to make recommendations regarding their management techniques and leadership techniques for galley personnel development.
- Provides Executive Chefs with menus and recipes for all pastry menu cycles. Assists in training personnel to execute all pastry menu cycles. Monitors pastry operations to ensure that recipe and product specification are strictly adhered to.
- Reviews all new menu development and makes recommendations pertaining to feasibility in terms of execution and appropriateness of new items.
- Monitors USPH standards in all areas of food preparation including service and storage areas. Conducts regular simulated USPH and unannounced inspections.
- During ship visits monitors pastry areas for waste and over production of food. Documents observations and recommendations to discuss with the Executive Chef and the F&B Manager. Also forwards findings to the Seattle Corporate Office.
- Monitors the HAL training program of Assistant Pastry while visiting the ships and conducts demonstrations for individuals and groups.
- Documents initiatives and challenges with standard reports and both updates and follows up on these reports with action steps. Shares findings with Corporate Culinary Trainers and concerned management, identifying areas that should be considered needing improvement on each vessel.
- While onboard the vessels, interacts and documents audit discussions with Executive Chef, F&B Team and Hotel Director concerning food cost controls and provision requisitions.
- Participates in the development of new recipes and dishes using the onboard kitchens and products supplied from Purchasing as requested.
- Will assist in the sourcing, hiring, and placement of Executive Pastry Chefs. Acts as a culinary consultant to the Corporate Executive Chef and Manager, Food and Beverage Resource Development, regarding hiring and sourcing culinary talent.
- Evaluates the following functions/positions onboard the ship while visiting and reports back to the Corporate Executive Chef:
- Executive Pastry Chef
- Second Pastry Chef