Demi Chef de Partie
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1,103 properties in nearly 100 countries and 154,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis(R), The Luxury Collection(R), W(R), Westin(R), Le Meridien(R), Sheraton(R), Four Points(R) by Sheraton, Aloft(R), and Element (R). The company boasts one of the industry's leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do; aspiring to be the employer of choice.
As a Demi Chef de Partie you are responsible for supporting all aspects of kitchen management, team training and development, team planning, and all Health and Safety aspects related to the kitchen. You will be responsible for maintaining standards & full preparation & service of all mep of your own section whilst being able to supervise & offer assistance to all junior members of the culinary brigade.
He/ She will:
• Support the control of food cost;
• Project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times;
• Ensure all production areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness;
• Ensure all food storage areas are maintained to a high level of cleanliness organized efficiently;
• Ensure all food stock items are kept at levels agreed with Executive Chef;
• Ensure full liaison with other members of the section and the Kitchen team;
• Have strong communication with the Chef de Partie of the section;
• Have key relationship with the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs;
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationship with other departments in the Hotel, especially F&B outlets, In Room Dining and Banquet Operations.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
He or she:
• Is a holder of a Basic Health and Hygiene Certificate;
• Is a holder of a Basic Food Preparation Certificate;
• Demonstrates initiative at all times;
• Totally embraces the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
• Identifies his/herself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
• Strives to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
• Is detail oriented;
• Thrives on pride of work and its product;
• Plays as a team to achieve common goals;
• Has immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
• Has a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
• Upholds ethical business practices.