Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element® and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood recently announced plans to spin off its Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc. business, a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands, into a standalone public company by the end of 2015. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Food & Beverage
• To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all guests at all times,
• Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests,
• Upselling and identification of additional revenue opportunities,
• Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures,
• Punctual attendance to each shift,
• Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures. Present menus and provide information to guest as necessary,
• Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, note reservations and special requests by guests,
• Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace,
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process,
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written,
• Ability to dialogue informally and effectively with all co-workers, in one-on-one or small group settings, through clear articulation of ideas and active listening,
• Basic knowledge of hotel food and beverage operations,
• Basic knowledge of food and alcoholic beverages,
• Basic computational ability,
• Be aware of Health, Safety & Fire regulations and that they too abide by their terms,
• Maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times,
• Demonstrate proper and safe usage of all equipment.