Assistant Housekeeping Manager - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Assistant Housekeeping Manager to join the Madinat Jumeirah Resort team. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping Manager, in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Housekeeping department.
Your main duties will include:
- Supervision and coordination of the housekeeping attendants; ensuring that services are available and carried out with the utmost efficiency.
- Liasing with suppliers and contractors.
- Maintaining records of all deep cleaning work i.e. window cleaning, carpet shampooing, drapery cleaning, mattress turning, bedspread cleaning, blanket cleaning and general rooms cleaning.
- Ensuring correct distribution and control of master keys.
- Conducting inspections of corridors, public areas, back of the house and rooms to ensure proper cleaning.
- Handling any guest complaints in accordance with customer feedback SOP’s.
- Checking the logbooks and following up on outstanding matters.
- Demonstrating commitment to the development and implementation of the QMS system and the continual improvement of it’s effectiveness.
- Ensuring the availability of resources to carry out all tasks.
- Ensuring that all colleagues within the department meet the requirements set by Jumeirah International in the Quality Manual for Training, Vision, Mission Statement, Hallmarks and Jumeirah Quality.
- Developing a training plan that enhances colleague performance.
- Monitoring the monthly CSI results and maintaining positive feedback by consistently providing quality service to our guests.
- Liaising with the Front Office team to ensure rooms requested are ready for guests prior to their arrival.
- Liaising with the Engineering team on the room maintenance program.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have a diploma in Hospitality Management and a minimum of three years experience in a junior management role in Housekeeping in a five star hotel. You should be able to lead and motivate a team and it is essential that you have a strong command of the English language, both spoken and written.
You should also have working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Opera Property Management System.