Outlet Manager - Great British Restaurant
Competitive salary & benefits
Full job details
DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for an Outlet Manager – All Day Dining.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly skilled Outlet Manager for our Quintessentially British All Day Dining Restaurant. The Restaurant Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the 400 seater restaurant operation including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
Your main duties will include:
- Delivering the highest level of guest experience from pre-arrival through to long after they have departed. Leading by example in this area and ensuring all team under the expectations
- Remain up to date with market trends and consistently initiate new ideas to ensure we stay ahead of our competitors.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Identifies training needs and nurtures the team in such a manner to ensure our guests receive personalised memorable interactions.
- Ensures that SOP's are consistently reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensures that all training and attendance records are accurate and up to date.
- Assists F&B Management in menu planning and menu rotation.
- Conducts regular briefings and meetings to ensure all colleagues receive the relevant information and training necessary to successfully perform their duties, including upselling, menu knowledge and general hotel knowledge.
- Implements systems/ measures to control Food & Beverage costs to ensure they are kept within budget and minimise wastage.
- Closely monitors payroll costs and ensures the manning of the operation is always inline with the business requirements.
- Ensures opening & closing checklists are completed on a daily basis
- Monitors effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and provides hands-on support as and when required.
- Ensures that all furniture, equipment, utensils and silverware used in the outlet is accounted for, properly handled and serviced, and maintained to prevent excessive wear and tear.
During the pre-opening you are expected to:
- Ensure all outlet team members attend menu trainings and departmental training prior to opening.
- Organize departmental trainings to ensure all colleagues are prepared and well-rehearsed for the opening.
- Works within the allocated pre-opening budget for the outlet.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and procedures.
In order to be considered for this position you will have a studied in at a recognised Hotel Management / Tourism school. You will possess 3-4 years Food and Beverage experience in a premium establishment in a 5-star Hotel and have experience working in a high volume all day dining restaurant.
You will be a strong team player and be able to lead by example to ensure your high standards filter through your team. You will have proven experience of achieving and exceeding targets and be driven and focussed on success.
As Restaurant Manager you will be fully responsible for the smooth running of the restaurant, ensuring that impeccable service standards are maintained at all time, staff management and training along with ordering and stock control.
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.