Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
W Doha Hotel & Residences has been awarded for the past 2 years Best Business Hotel by the Conde Nast Traveller Middle East Reader’s Choice Awards. We are setting the tone for fashion and entertainment lifestyle in Doha and in Middle-East. Working for unique and refreshing lifestyle brand such as W and joining Starwood - one of the leading names in hospitality will open doors for many future career opportunities.
For more information about us, please visit:
Nestled in the heart of the city, right in the business district where the past meets with the future, art meets science, tradition meets haute couture and culture meets nightlife, the W Doha reveals the unexpected side of modern Doha, thrilling guests with unrivalled insider access to what is new and next in this booming desert capital. Work and play come easy at the W, with Qatar Financial Center, major oil & gas corporations and ministries just walking distance from the hotel, plus the country’s largest mall just a 3 minute drive away.
As the Banquets Manager you will be a part of our Beverage & Food department reporting to the Assistant Director of B&F.
As the Banquets Manager it is your task to ensure that all events in-house Banquet functions and events run professionally from the enquiry to the execution of the event while meeting and exceeding our guests’ and W brand’s expectations and requirements.
You will be further responsible to:
• ensure that all scheduled functions are executed accurately and timely
• assist in menu planning and advise on set-up plans
• determine and schedule appropriate staffing level
• communicate all adjustments of events throughout the concerned departments
• control the usage of food and beverage items and appropriate usage of banquet equipment, tools and service equipment while ensuring its correct and safe usage
• forecast covers and revenues, while controlling payroll and other relevant costs, minimizing loss and misuse in order to achieve and exceed the budgeted profitability
• participate in training, developing, coaching and managing directly reporting Talents
• ensure strong Talent engagement and adherence to service standards and operating procedures
• accomplish a set of administrative duties such as representing, leading, attending meetings, establishing required reports, scheduling, and forecasting
• maintain a strong client relationship to ensure that all convention specifications are communicated accordingly
• manage complaints professionally and take corrective actions to ensure highest level of guest satisfaction
• develop, implement and continually review the policies, procedures, and standards and control their consistent application.
You should have at least 3 years of management experience in the same role in a five star property.
A College Degree or a Diploma in Hotel Management or in a related filed are required.
Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is a must.
We expect you to have in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Micros.
Previous Middle East Experience is preferred.
We want you to be an outstanding coach and mentor with strong leadership skills, committed to the development of your team.
We expect you to ensure that our guests feel welcome and WOW them in the W way!