Junior Sous Chef - Australia, Sydney
Competitive and extra benefits
Full job details
Part of The Star Entertainment Group expansion we are now hiring for Jr. Sous Chefs to join the growing culinary team in our Casual Dining Restaurants. This is a chance for you to work with world class chefs and an opportunity to let your career shine.
Fat Noodle - “Fun, funky and dynamic Asian Street food with hawker style concept.”
– Luke Nguyen
A dynamic mix of Vietnamese, sprinkled with Chinese, Thai and Malay, Fat Noodles’ menu is made up of delectable Asian street food inspired dishes. You will support the Head Chef in all aspects of kitchen management, including ordering, production schedules, budgeting, training, menu creation and staffing. You will ensure flawless service standards to our guests.
The Food Quarter Fast - Fresh & Innovative
The Food Quarter offering gourmet sandwiches, salads, freshly prepared pizzas, pastas, an Asian BBQ and monthly specials inspired by local, seasonal ingredients is truly more than a 'one stop shop'. This is an opportunity for you to develop your skills under the supervision of some of the best chefs in Sydney.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills & experience:
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous Chef / Senior Chef de Partie within a reputable F&B or restaurant operation, fine dining or hatted restaurant
- Hold relevant tertiary qualifications, such as Certificate III in Commercial Cookery
- Experience working in a busy, fast-paced kitchen environment
- Experience in Asian cooking (Wok skills will be an asset)
- Strong understanding of produce, culinary techniques and kitchen equipment
- The ability to effectively and efficiently co-ordinate and work as part of the team
- Passion, enthusiasm and flair in the culinary space
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
What benefits are there to work for the Star Sydney?
- Work with some of the best chefs in Australia
- Learn new techniques and use modern equipment
- Training opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Uniforms and laundering provided
- Free meals
- Free light rail to The Star from Central station
- Discounted rooms in The Star Entertainment Group across Australia
- Discounts on parking, lyric theatre tickets, restaurants, JB-Hifi, Virgin Airlines and many more!
If you are passionate about food and the taking the next step in your career please apply now.