Complex Director of Catering Sales
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The St. Regis Doha, Qatar is part of Al Gassar Resort located in the emerging commercial heart of the city, West Bay, adjacent to the Pearl Island and close to the Diplomatic Area.
Sales and Marketing
Train, supervise and work with all catering and convention services staff, in order to solicit and book banquet and catering functions that ensure customer satisfaction and maximize hotel revenue and profitability.
• Manage a pre-determined number of key accounts/key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in line with budgetary objectives.
• Proactively prospecting new accounts for the property, and following sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• Take personal responsibility to ensure that Standards are maintained and that the booking system is utilized to its full capacity.
• Maintain up-to-date activity and rate information for each account.
• Understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Operational departments.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the Marketing plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotel, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• To actively participate in the annual Marketing Planning process as a support for the Director of Sales and Director of Marketing, and to take responsibility for the compilation of annual catering budget, competitor rate and product information,
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to all required departments and confirmation to client.
High school or equivalent education required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum 5 years of experience leading a Catering Team.
GCC experience is preferred.