Butler (Additional Languages preferred)
Full job details
The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing an array of personalized services to Hotel guests such as the wake up call, newspaper delivery, shoeshine, with a friendly and caring manner according to Kempinski’s policies and procedures and LQA standards.
The job of Butler is executed satisfactorily when:
- LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above.
- CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
- Hotel and Outlets are promoted.
- VIP guests are met upon arrival, assistance with packing/unpacking is offered and professionally executed.
- All guest requests are executed highly professional and efficiently.
- Maintain available to provide assistance for any matter related to making the stay of Hotel guests a pleasant and memorable one.
- Coordinate with Room Service the delivery of fruits for VIP guests and prepares the VIP fruit baskets. Replenish them on a daily basis until the guest's departure.
- For the VIP guests, welcome upon arrival outside their assigned room and offer assistance.
- After check-in, introduce themselves to the guest, escort the guest to their room and explain room and hotel facilities and offer assistance for the remainder of their stay.
- Coordinate luggage handling with Concierge sections for arriving and departing guest to ensure safe and timely delivery.
- At times, check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the procedures and Kempinski standards.
- Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone or in person, provide/receive information and take appropriate actions or refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle.
- Offer personalized wake-up to the room with tea or coffee as per guest requests.
- Offer assistance to guests with shoe shining, packing and unpacking luggage, collecting and delivering laundry and dry cleaning.
- Keep abreast of all hotel promotions, product knowledge, VIP arrivals, and upcoming events in order to be able to answer guest requests and questions.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Diploma/ Certificate in Hotel or Tourism Management
- Graduation in any stream from a recognized university
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar position in the hospitality industry
- Previous experience of communication in a busy professional environment is essential
- Self confidence and conviction
- Integrity & trustworthiness
- Self development
- Excellent customer focus
- Interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Motivational skills
- Planning & organizational skills
- Communication and listening skills
- Working Knowledge of housekeeping, bell desk, front office, concierge, food and beverage, call center.
- Knowledge of Opera/ Fidelio is essential.
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Full and complete knowledge of the products and services
- Business thinking
- Problem resolution skills
- Guest Service Oriented
- Team work, professional attitude, positive outlook, pleasing personality, ability to smile under pressure, innovative and determined
- Fluency in English (read, write, speak and understand is a must) and one other major foreign languages – beneficial
- Administrative skills essential
- Proficiency in computers (MS Office, E-mail etc.) is a must
- Excellent communication skills and pleasing personality is a must.