Spa Therapist (FEMALE)
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Is familiar with the specific guidelines and instructions given by the Spa & Recreation Manager and applies them in line with the standards.
- Primary focus on sense of guest arrival/departure, hands-on treatment, cleanliness, room ambiance, and overall spa experience.
- Empathetic, friendly, and able to make people feel beautiful inside and out.
- Takes charge of assigned room retail inventory.
- Expectation: Reports tally with actual physical count, neat, accurate, and on-time. In the event of any discrepancy, it should be investigated and reported to direct supervisor and results/actions need to be recorded, reviewed/implemented.
- Guest is personally attended to and treatment/s is/are delivered with accordance to treatment protocols, starts and ends according to prescribed treatment time ensuring that all service performance indicators are met.
- Ensures the room is spotless before and after each treatment. Reports and schedules repair works and periodic maintenance. Keeps proper documentation of work-progress or status.
- Sorts and counts dirty linen items before sending to laundry
- Ensures that stock levels are maintained, all materials are spotless and unexpired. First in first out use of inventory.
- Participates in monthly Spa & Recreation meeting regarding performance, staff relations, training, productivity, equipment and facility maintenance, inventory, stocking and control.
- Optimizes spend on spa products and room linen
- Always records products used on tracking reports after each treatment, presents/submits completed summaries and empty product containers (for refill or disposal) neatly, accurately, and timely.
- Can provide expertise in all areas of retail and treatments. Able and available to answer any questions that guests may have and give them extensive feedback and demonstration if applicable; with an ability to execute suggestive and add-on sales.
- Knows the hotel and its services, can inform and encourage guests if asked about them
- Maximize the sales of product available and display
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- Massage certification
- At least 1 year's experience in the position
- Languages: good spoken English