Director of Sales & Marketing
We are looking for a strong leader who can combine knowledge of the market with a strategic approach and good team leadership for a luxury island resort. A key focus will be to set and implement the correct strategy and positioning of the hotel.
Based on property, this is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on, dynamic and experienced person to join a well-renowned global brand and in a destination that, apparently is highly advantageous to have on one’s CV.
Key skills and experience required will include:
- Demonstrable leadership and mentoring skills. To direct and engage with the on-property team and in a remote sales office. The team on property are les experienced, so it needs someone who can give the right guidance to motivate and develop them to effectively
- Excellent leisure segment knowledge: the key feeder markets are out of Europe – France, Germany and the UK.
- Has worked with tour operators and local DMC’s, understanding the sensitive balance of how to manage the longer-term strategy of client negotiation to optimise brand awareness and booking channels.
- An understanding of the MICE and/or corporate/government segments would be advantageous as the hotel does get local business
- Organised, self-motivated with good communication and revenue skills: someone who can present their ideas to senior management, displays strong commercial acumen and deep understanding of market trends, both locally and globally
- Fluent in written and spoken English essential. Additional European languages desirable, especially French or German.
Due to the location of the hotel, this would appeal to a single status candidate or someone married without children. Schooling is not part of the package offered.
Frustrating as we know it is, to not hear back from us, please note that due to the specific requirements of this role, we will only personally respond to candidates who meet the above criteria.
Applicants: Please Read
For further information, please contact Vanessa Angelo-Thomson by email: email@example.com. If already registered with HOCAPS, it is not necessary to send a CV unless it is needs to be updated from our last contact with you. It may be easier to just send an email expressing your interest. However, if you have not registered with HOCAPS, please send a full CV in Word or PDF format. For international assignments, it is essential that we also receive a business style photograph. We always require three referees with email contact details, in order to progress with any suitable candidates.
At HOCAPS we believe that your efforts in preparing a CV should be directly viewed by potential employers. The decisions you make concerning style and content are an important aid to selection. Please visit our website: www.hocaps.com and click on CV Guide should you require assistance in the formatting of your CV.