Learning & Development Manager - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Responsible for managing the hotel's learning & development
function, including developing a compliment of qualified departmental trainers
and establishes a hotel system for generating training data and evaluating
results. The L&D Managers position impacts on the skills, knowledge
and attitudes of every hotel employee and ensures the availability and use of
effective resources. The position also plays a leading role in promoting the
desired work culture around the Winning Ways of the InterContinental Hotels
Group and the brand ethos.
Plaza®, we want our guests to
feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their
success. To help them, we need you to
stay One Step Ahead and:
expert at what you do; by acting and looking the part and adapting your
style to match your guests’ pace in all you do.
respecting your guests and their goals; by recognizing them and making
them feel valued and important and offering thoughtful choices to help
them feel restored and balanced.
by being perceptive to your guests’ needs; by taking ownership for getting
things done and working seamlessly with others to help guests be successful.
Duties and Responsibilities
training needs of the hotel in general and in individual departments,
developing strategies and including them in the Training Business Plan.
Director of Human Resources with preparing annual training budget &
maintains hotel training records, statistics and training and development
budgets and include in a monthly training report.
and implements training programmes which meet specific departmental needs in
conjunction with Department Heads, ensuring that training session plans are
structured and that training is effective
off job training sessions based on the Hotel Training Needs which include
Induction and Orientation, Brand and Service training, Foundation Programmes,
Driving Revenue Performance & Building Managers.
company statistics from Guest and Employee surveys, business financial results
etc to measure success of training and the job satisfaction levels from Employee
individual or group instruction to Department Heads and Supervisors to improve
the effectiveness of their staff meetings, performance reviews or other
training related and people activities
in the selection of Departmental Trainers, then trains and develops them
through on-going workshops and monthly meetings
8. As part
of the Training Needs Analysis conducts Departmental Training Reviews on a
regular basis, helping the Departmental Trainers to establish training system
within the department.
9. Assists Director of Human Resources and
Department Heads with identifying high potential and high value individuals and
ensures career progression within the hotel/company matching it with their
10. Ensures that all employees have Personal Development
Plans with identified development needs and opportunities to address them
input to department managers prior to bi-annual performance and development
reviews of their teams.
and conducts the Performance management modules for senior and supervisory
level to align the process in the hotel within the time scale advised by
13. Reviews Annual Performance Review forms and Personal
Development Plans and recommends appropriate development opportunities
14. Ensures that all relevant departments have up to date
Service Standards and Procedures Manuals and guides and coaches in the
production of the same
15. Ensures that all Departmental Trainers have task
breakdowns for their on job training sessions.
16. Ensures that every department has got departmental
monthly training calendar and the department submits training report at the end
of each month
17. Observes departmental training sessions on a regular
basis and provides feedback and coaching to the trainers identifying strengths
and development opportunities
18. Closely monitors hotel HeartBeat / Employee Engagement Survey
results and develops hotel training strategy considering the appropriate scores
19. Works closely with Director of Human Resources on new
employee on-boarding and ensures that every employee has completed departmental
induction and has received initial skills training within the first two weeks
20. Ensures that all new starters have completed IHG Hotel
Orientation program and brand culture training within 14 days since the
and monitor training programs for all trainees coming to the hotel for
training purposes, work experience students and school trainees etc.
22. Maintains necessary training records
23. Responsible for booking and arranging training rooms and
24. Liaises with external training providers to organize
training not available in house
25. Liaises with educational institutions on the matters of
26. Responsible for preparing external trainees initial
27. Counsels Hotel staff as needed. Develops, implements performance management
systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
28. To manage the
hotel cross training
29. To manage / take part in
key projects related to the hotel, region and the HR department
30. Manage and deliver Monthly L&D report
31. Manage the role of the DT Trainer and ensure effective development of the
Buddy system and in line with
Departmental Task Induction
32. To maintain accurate budgeting / expenditure records and ensure an
acceptable level of strict adherence to
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and
provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all
times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set
by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and
development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of
all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and
near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention
of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of
9. Familiarize self with the company values
(Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to
be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager
in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding
of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as
flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees