Executive Pastry Chef
Primary function: The Executive Pastry Chef must assist the management in the development of new concepts in Pastry and Bakery by creating and introducing new menus. A major responsibility is to create standardized recipes, keep food cost at minimum and at the same time, initiate and sustain an ongoing research in the F&B industry.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be responsible for efficient daily functioning of the entire Pastry department and Supervises the preparation and production of all baked goods.
- Ensure all cakes and pastries are prepared to recipes and consistency is maintained in the dish out of all orders.
- Ensure each pastry item that goes out of the department kitchen is of highest standard and quality.
- Organize staff, allocate resources, execute controls and systemize daily functioning of Pastry operations
- Ensure top quality and hygiene ( HACCP) both for products and equipment and maintain food cost at a minimum.
- Should monitor closely and continuously the activities of junior chefs and cake artists and ensure smooth running of the entire kitchen.
- Should be able to motivate and lead the team from the fore-front.
- Take up any related responsibilities handed over to you; by the management.
- Assist management in the development of new concepts.
- Provides training and guidance to bakers, senior bakers, and other employees performing related work.
- Attends to day-to-day problems and needs concerning equipment and food supplies; detects and ensures disposition of spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies/equipment, and/or other unusual conditions.
- May be required to prepare baked goods for special diets.
Working hours: 10 hours including 1 hour lunch break 6 days a week
Knowledge and Skills: Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods.
Ability to analyse supplies costs and develop cost-effective procedures.
Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities, equipment, supplies and materials.
Education : Degree in culinary management / Pastry Art
Training in any approved pastry chef institution
Experience : More than 2 years of work experience as Head of Pastry.
Prepared by: Preetha Jayan
Position: HR Manager
Authorized by: Mr. Vikram Rajan
Position: Operations Manager
I understand and accept the above requirements and responsibilities, and I will comply with these terms and conditions to the best of my ability