Title: EXECUITVE CHEF
Reports to: CEO
Primary function: The Executive Chef must assist the management in the development of new concepts by creating and introducing new menus. A major responsibility is to create standardized recipes, keep food cost at minimum and at the same time, initiate and sustain an ongoing research in the F&B industry. It’s his responsibility to maintain controls and to ensure
quality, consistency and hygiene both for products and equipment’s in the restaurant.
The Executive Chef allocates resources, executes controls, trains and develops kitchen staff, systemizes daily functioning, and maintains efficient Kitchen Operations and outlets in the department.
Major Responsibilities: Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Be responsible for efficient daily functioning of the department.
- Assisting in kitchen management and reporting.
- Staffing and training for all kitchen operations.
- Streamlining and systemizing operations within existing as well as new ventures.
- Formulating new ideas and evaluating opportunities.
- Develop, maintain and effect necessary systems, manuals, formats, procedures, spread sheets etc; in all aspects of kitchen operations.
Includes but not limited to the following:
- Kitchen management and reporting; of all restaurants as specified by senior management.
- Ensure dishes are prepared to recipes and consistency is maintained in the dish out of all orders.
- Ensure each dish that goes out of the department kitchen is of highest standard and quality.
- Create, innovate and introduce new menus.
- Standardize recipes and initiate and sustain research in the F&B industry.
- Maintain kitchen specifications, cooking procedure sheets and all build up and spread sheets
- Develop all necessary manuals in liaison with the operations team
- Be responsible for vendor development, equipment sourcing and raw materials finalization.
- Augment production capacity when required and maintain quality controls consistently.
- Work always in liaison with purchase department and assist them in the proper maintenance of ingredients and product list
- Organize staff, allocate resources, execute controls and systemize daily functioning and maintain efficient MIS in the kitchen’s operations.
- Prioritize F&B controls, ensure top quality and hygiene ( HACCP) both for products and equipment and maintain food cost at a minimum.
- Train and develop F&B production staff.
- Should monitor closely and continuously the activities of chefs de cuisines and ensure smooth running of the entire kitchen.
- Should be able to motivate and lead the team from the fore-front.
- Take up any related responsibilities handed over to you; by the management
- Assist management in the development of new concepts.
- Must have the capacity develop and manage a multi-unit, multi-concept operation in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Stream line all operations to secure standardization of items, better and faster service
- Prepare outlets and central kitchen to be able to get HAACP certificate
- Communicate with purchasing in order to decrease cost of products without compromising the quality.
Working hours: 10 hours including 1 hour lunch break 6 days a week
Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective
manufacture and distribution of goods.
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and
personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and
Knowledge of maintenance and care of culinary facilities,
equipment, supplies and materials.
Education : Degree in culinary management / professional cookery
Experience : More than 2 years of work experience as Head of Pastry