Hostess/Waitress (Female Arabic Speaker)
Alila Hotels and Resort, Asia's leading luxury hotelier has opened its first resort in the Sultanate of Oman in May 2014 and is inviting talented and motivated hospitality professionals to be part of this amazing journey.
Perched 2,000 meters above sea level, Alila Jabal Akhdar overlooks a dramatic gorge, surrounded by awe-inspiring views of the Al Hajar Mountains. This resort is the perfect base for exploring the region’s magnificent landscape of rugged, untouched beauty while experiencing the height of sumptuous comfort. The resort’s 86 beautifully appointed suites and villas, ranging in size from 52 to 361 sqm, are located within the main hotel building or arranged in individual clusters of four to six suites, generously spaced out around the cliff top to maximize privacy.
Due to visa restrictions only female candidates will be contacted for this position
What you will be doing?
As a Hostess/Waitress, you are responsible for greeting guests and serving the needs of guests who experience the food & beverage facilities of the hotel. A Restaurant Hostess/Waitress is also responsible for organizing and maintaining order within the restaurant reservations area, including the logging of bookings and enquiries. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet all guests to the correct standard and escort them to their allocated tables with menus and wine list.
- Present the waiter in the station according to the SOP.
- Ensure that the log book is completed after each service period.
- Keep tidy the hostess desk.
- Ensure the reservation diary is kept up to date with all guest names, telephone numbers, guest information and special requests.
- Maintain the table plan for the restaurant with the waitpersons name clearly written in the sections.
- Ensure that all the menus and memos are ready at the desk prior each service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the menus and wine list and readiness to answer any enquiries from the guests.
- Comply with hotel licensing regulations as well as health and safety and fire regulations
- Ensure an adequate supply of checks, printer rolls and neat storage of each
- Assisting other restaurant service professionals in all aspects for serving the guests needs.
What are we looking for?
A Hostess/Waitress serving Alila Hotels & Resorts is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Customer service experience
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable
- Ability to listen and respond to demanding guest needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in similar role
- Passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
Alila Jabal Akhdar strongly supports the Omanisation initiatives of the Ministry of Manpower. Preference is given to suitably qualified Omani Nationals who may wish to apply.