Restaurant Waiter (female)
Alila Hotels and Resort, Asia's leading luxury hotelier has opened its first resort in the Sultanate of Oman in May 2014 and is inviting talented and motivated hospitality professionals to be part of this amazing journey.
Perched 2,000 meters above sea level, Alila Jabal Akhdar overlooks a dramatic gorge, surrounded by awe-inspiring views of the Al Hajar Mountains. This resort is the perfect base for exploring the region’s magnificent landscape of rugged, untouched beauty while experiencing the height of sumptuous comfort. The resort’s 86 beautifully appointed suites and villas, ranging in size from 52 to 361 sqm, are located within the main hotel building or arranged in individual clusters of four to six suites, generously spaced out around the cliff top to maximize privacy.
(Due to visa restrictions this position is available for female candidates only)
A Waitress is on the front line of guest interactions, and as a Hospitality Ambassador for the resort should always provide prompt and courteous service delivery to all guests.
You will be one of the key influencing factors in guest satisfaction, and as such it is your responsibility to ensure that guests are delighted by the quality of service and comfort in our food and beverage outlets. Your main duties and responsibilities are to work as a team within all departments, ensuring the timely and smooth running of food and beverage service operations. You will have a full knowledge of the menus, services and facilities provided by the resort, and continue develop professional skills to continuously increase guest satisfaction. You will ensure a safe & hygienic work area, and uphold the privacy rights of the guests.
- You will be responsible to provide an excellent and consistent level of service to your customers.
- The Waiter/Waitress is responsible to serve Food & Beverage to guests in the assigned Place of Work, provide a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service in order to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Answer questions on menu selections.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen.
- Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Pick-up trays and clean tables as needed to ensure a clean dining area. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Maintain cleanliness of work and guest areas by clearing, collecting and returning food and beverage items to proper area.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management.
- Minimum 2 years work experience in hotel operations with good customer service, communications and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English is a must; with knowledge of Arabic language an additional advantage
- Previously worked in the GCC will be preferable
Alila Jabal Akhdar strongly supports the Omanisation initiatives of the Ministry of Manpower. Preference is given to suitably qualified Omani Nationals who may wish to apply.