Manager, Cafe Palmier
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Food and Beverage
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operation of the All Day Dining Venue. Effectively leading the service team and co-ordinating the efforts of the Culinary team & stewards.
• Responsible for achieving his goals, objectives, budget revenue, average check and number of covers.
• Take ownership of Restaurant Marketing.
• Can maintain great relation with Guest, Suppliers, Management and Team.
• Positive thinking, managing stress, leading by example.
• Team influence and Charisma
• Maintains guests database, including guests preferences
• Holding monthly communication meeting
• Holding monthly 1:1 meeting with the team
• Work in co-ordination with F&B Director to develop and implement promotions plan.
• Twice a year Restaurant evaluations within the following: market position, price strategy, new trends, new ideas, action plan.
• Attending Daily F&B Operations briefing and monthly meetings
• Foster a culture of change within the team
• Passionate about training and development of the team, will be responsible for conducting knowledge and skills training with the team.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of menu engineering
• Firm knowledge of food products & cooking techniques
• Good knowledge of beverage
• Displays proper and safe use of all equipment
• Proven capability of controlling costs, including payroll, cost of sales, operating expense
• Responds appropriately to guest requests through e-mail, social media and other platforms
• Knowledge of food trends and special seasonal foods
• Ability to analyze financial information and outlet goals
• Ability to assess quality control and adherence to service standards
• Knowledge of and implementation of laws relating to truth in menus, liquor liability, local health and sanitation standards and contract law.
- 3-4 Years Experience in the Related Position
- A bachelor’s degree graduate
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail.