The job of Sales Manager is executed satisfactorily when:
- The Hotel achieves its Financial Objectives.
- The Sales Team that the person works with achieves their Revenue Objectives.
- The person achieves their Personal Objectives.
- The TTTT is carried out to the satisfaction of both the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Responsible for key account management on an assigned account base or geographic area, ensuring revenue maximization, achievement of personal targets and increasing fair market share versus competitor set.
- Responsible for prospecting new accounts.
- Responsible for all segments of assigned geographical markets, which may include, but not be exclusively limited to European markets.
- Conduct site inspections.
- Adhere to the Corporate SOP’s.
- Follow up of tentative bookings in the assigned markets.
- Detailed knowledge of competitor set.
- Detailed knowledge of all services provided by the Hotel and all relevant facts and figures of hotel.
- Responsible for timely contracting from the client base responsible for.
- SMART contracting to ensure optimum yielding during annual rate negotiations.
- Attend trade shows, sales blitz, workshops, etc. in the assigned markets.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing in defining an annual sales action plan and execute set actions accordingly.
- Assist the Director of Sales / Director of Sales & Marketing with the preparation of the annual budget by providing statistics and forecasts of account productions.
- Execute sales actions within set cost budget structure.
- Document all sales actions in SFA (S&C).
- Update OPERA contact database at all times.
- Cross sell other Kempinski Hotels
- Understand, and follow the Company Sales Vision.
- Participation in Duty Manager rota.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and rectified immediately.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.