Director of Sales & Marketing
The job of Director of Sales & Marketing is executed satisfactorily when:
- The hotel achieves its financial objectives.
- The Sales & Marketing Team that the person is responsible for achieves their revenue objectives.
- The person achieves their personal objectives.
- The TTTT is carried out to the satisfaction of both General Manager and Director of Sales & Marketing.
- The ESS Global Satisfaction score for the Sales and Marketing Department achieves 80%.
At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities. The Director of Sales & Marketing fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotel as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to current and future department, hotel and Kempinski’s needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department.
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and manual for the department and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Clearly understand and communicate the Corporate and Regional Strategic Sales Objectives to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Handle budgets for miscellaneous sales activities and promotions.
- Actively involved in the recruitment of all members of the Sales & Marketing Team in conjunction with People Services.
- Identify, retain and develop Talent within the team.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Carry out on-boarding for all Sales & Marketing colleagues.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient follow-up on all leads to maintain a good relationship and generate group/individual leads for the hotel.
- Maintain permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade account with strong room/night potential.
- Maintain and improve the efficiency of reservation centers, to ensure that information in reservation system’s database is updated. Coordinate such insertions to be realized correctly with the Reservations Manager.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborate with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and trace potential customers.
- Supervise the existence of an efficient customer database system (SFA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintain a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Cascade all relevant key information to the Sales & Marketing team.
- Update customers with the latest development of the hotel and inform hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
- Supervise the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
- Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.