Duty Manager (Al Maqam)
Full job details
“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
We invite you to be part of the dynamic Rooms Division team as
For the following department:
- The Reception Manager assists at the front desks, focus on customer service and carries out the training, team members’ development and performance management.
- Responsive to continuous challenges and open to making changes to achieve targeted results.
- He builds partnership with other departments to ensure that guests' needs are attended.
- Primarily focused on services provided at the Front Desk.
- He is capable of defining, coordinating and managing a service delivery system utilizing resources, tools, data and service standards.
- He uses computer system, learns and utilizes computer hardware and software features to manage systems and generate reports.
Main duties :
· Through leadership, direction and supervision, ensure that all front desk services, behavioural and technical are maintained in accordance with the hotel standards and in line with hotel's strategic plan. Coordinate and communicate policy and procedural changes to team members.
· Maintain visible image of management at all times. Provide management presence by coaching team members in handling feedback.
· Provide department orientation and training of service standards, procedures and specific programs.
· Maintain high standards of teamwork with the Support Team
· Manage team members by providing feedback, coaching, counselling and discipline
· Ensure that department standards are met through supervision and monitoring.
· Conducts daily briefings and roll calls
· Good coordination between all departments to ensure guest satisfaction and team member satisfaction.
· Managing rooms inventory and monitoring room types availability and to control and coordinate full house activities.
· Inculcate the basic habits of smiling, greeting guest by name and thanking guests.
· Special attention and care given to VIP’s to ensure an overall pleasant and memorable experience is attained.
· Ensure that safety, health, security and loss control policies and procedures are complied with.
· Ensure seamless workflow and processes at the front desk.
· Recruit, interview and hire people.
· Conduct and attend relevant meetings regularly
· Compile and analyze reports and manage stock control to minimize wastage.
· Control expenses to achieve maximum profitability without compromising guest services and standards.
· Check and approve all cashiering media or paperwork and supervise shift take-over and hand-over procedures.
· Take ownership and follow-up on any discrepancies.
· Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times.
· Carry out any other duties as and when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & SAFETY:
To follow the Hotel set Safety standards, and adhere to all rules and regulations as set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to take reasonable care at work so as not to put self or others at unnecessary risk.
We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Previous customer related experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today
Swissôtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 11.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: SMK00858