Mason (Al Maqam)
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Full job details
Swissôtel Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Front Office, Guest Relations Officer
Mason (Al Maqam) Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Swissôtel Makkah Employee Status : Regular
“a passion for perfection”Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Mason Summary of Responsibilities: The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- Provide and dispatch immediate actions to all guest concerns.
- Ensure follow-up of action is completed with-in the quoted time.
- Work with related departments to ensure efficiency in meeting guests needs.
- Promotes hotel services and amenities to encourage an exceptional resort experience.
- Work in a non-supervised environment and take ownership for independent decisions made in the best interest of the guest’s experience.
- Able to contribute to a team environment by assisting co-workers in all departments related to the call center. And ensuring the attention to detail is recorded with each guest’s issue.
- Complies with established safety practices while expertly performing preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all masonry work.
- He should have the required knowledge of mixing ratios of cement and concrete, time of setting and curing etc. The person should have a sound knowledge about the construction equipment and other technical construction.
- A mason has to perform a physically demanding job as a mason; He needs to present the estimates of work force and materials required to the project in charge properly.
- Complies with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive maintenance, Out-of-Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc. & Complies with energy management practices.
- Attends departmental meetings or any other meetings as may be assigned by Ex. Chief Engineer.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of floor & wall tiles, maintain time management and take immediate measures as necessary. Handles emergencies in repair works.
- Carry out improvement, maintenance and repair work on all building services according to the standards and requirements.
- To attend to complaints from hotel guests and other departments & Handles emergencies in repair works. Maintain tools and equipment & work place clean tidy and well organized.
- Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times & Carry out any other duties as when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
- Work very closely with Room Maintenance team, meet the entire job requirement. & Follow all job instructions given by Shift Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
- Follow weekly / monthly duty schedule / split duty schedule and to carry out any other engineering work/ assignment and to perform duty as Task force and may be transferred to other group Hotels as Business demand.
- To be available in Hotel / Colleagues Housing immediately for any emergencies such as Fire and others and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Crises plan.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related maintenance problem, safety related issue, accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
- Use proper equipment, Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury.
- Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift Engineer.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Ensure uniform, nametags and personal appearances are clean, hygienic, professional and compliance with Hotel policies and procedures.
Qualifications:We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Required trade license or certification or Diploma etc.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times