Shift Engineer (Al Maqam)
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Full job details
Swissôtel Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Hotel Management, General Manager
Shift Engineer (Al Maqam) Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Swissôtel Makkah Employee Status : Regular
“a passion for perfection”Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Shift Engineer Summary of Responsibilities: The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- To provide professional and friendly service to all patrons.
- To assist Chief Engineer in the service of Engineering Department.
- To ensure all maintenance work on a day to day basis is actioned as appropriate.
- Monitor and operate all plant and equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation.
- Is aware of and abides by all hotel policies, procedures & relevant legislations
- Reports any hazards, risks, accidents as required
- Abides by and is aware of all relevant Occupational, Health & Safety legislation
- Ensures all directions are followed out at the request of any level of Senior Management.
- At the commencement of each shift, perform a complete inspection of major plant and equipment, noting operation conditions whilst recording all meter and gauge readings in the daily operations log sheet.
- Liaison with the Asst. Chief Engineer in Plant running selection to achieve optimum indoor environmental conditions whilst striving to minimize energy consumptions.
- Report or action any unsafe operating conditions immediately.
- Assist or supervise contractors whilst undertaking maintenance or repairs to plant and equipment.
- Ensure all life and safety systems are fully operational.
- Isolation of any life and safety system is to be with the approval of the Chief Engineer only.
- Shall ensure prompt attention to guest’s complaints or needs. The Shift Engineer is the first point of contact from Engineering in response to a guest complaint and shall respond in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Liason with Housekeeping or Duty Manager in respect to moving guests to another room if problem cannot be repaired within 2 hours (nominal) or as appropriate depending or situation.
- Ensuring the work requests in the Housekeeping/Engineering Log Book are actioned promptly, either by own action or referring work to other Engineering Team Members appropriately.
- Attending to maintenance request from all Departments in a timely manner, prioritizing work as outlined in Department Policy.
- Being vigilant in the cost effective nature of all repair and maintenance work.
- Undertake any preventative maintenance tasks allocated under the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Perform daily Shift Engineers standing orders.
- Ability to carry out fault finding and repair to building services.
- Act as a member of the Hotels’ Emergency Response Team.
- Carry out any tasks of a reasonable nature that are within the Shift Engineer’s capabilities.
- Comply with all other Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts’ policies and procedures.
- Perform any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer or the Engineering Supervisor.
- To follow the Hotel set Safety standards, and adhere to all rules and regulations as set out by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and to take reasonable care at work so as not to put self or others at unnecessary risk.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.