Painter (Al Maqam)
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Full job details
Swissôtel Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia - Mecca
Painter (Al Maqam) Primary Location : Kingdom of Saudi Arabia-Makkah-Swissôtel Makkah Employee Status : Regular “A passion for perfection” Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path. Painter Responsibilities:
- The Technician operates, maintains, paints, polish the entire Hotel’s building. Work very closely with other team members.
- Complies with established safety practices while expertly performing preventive maintenance, repair & paint of all building etc.
- All preparation, painting work in the hotel rooms and public areas.
- Completing any decorating schedule on time and to the required standard Safe storage of all paints and solvents, He needs to present the estimates of materials required to the project in charge properly.
- Operates, preventively maintains and repairs all pertinent hotel paint work
- Make sure a preparatory work such as cleaning, scraping, patching cracks and filling holes are done before commencing work.
- Analyse pre-coated walls before re-painting to ensure good bonging between coats.
- Ensure that all electrical outlet covers, switch plates and various decoration and fixtures are covered before painting.
- Ensure that all areas are thoroughly wiped free of surplus paint, paste or plaster residue.
- Ensure drop cloths are used at all times to minimize the clean-up time as well as protecting the area.
- Use "Wet Paint" signs whenever painting in public areas.
- Complies with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive maintenance, Out-of-Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc. & Complies with energy management practices.
- Attends departmental meetings or any other meetings as may be assigned by Ex. Chief Engineer.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repair paint work, records and analyses operating logs. Take immediate measures as necessary. Handles emergencies in repair works
- Carry out improvement, maintenance and repair work on all building according to the standards and requirements.
- Maintain tools and equipment, and perform engineering housekeeping work, Update daily maintenance log, complete the work order forms & work place clean tidy and well organized.
- To attend to complaints from hotel guests and other departments & Handles emergencies in repair works.
- Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times & Carry out any other duties as when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
- Work very closely with Room Maintenance team, meet the entire job requirement. & Follow all job instructions given by Shift Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
- Follow weekly / monthly duty schedule / split duty schedule and to carry out any other engineering work/ assignment and to perform duty as Task force and may be transferred to other group Hotels as Business demand.
- To be available in Hotel / Colleagues Housing immediately for any emergencies such as Fire and others and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system.
- Follow Hotel Crises plan.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related maintenance problem, safety related issue, accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
- Use proper equipment, Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury.
- Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift Engineer.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Ensure uniform, nametags and personal appearances are clean, hygienic, professional and compliance with Hotel policies and procedures. Guest Relations:
- Address guests service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner as per hotel standards.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using guest’s name if possible. Quality Assurance:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relations with other employees and departments.
- Any job related complaints or grievances to be handled promptly with your Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
- Minimum Two to four years’ experience preferred with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be familiar with the composition of paints and peculiarities of their application
- Must be able to work with different types of painting materials/supplies
- Highly responsible and reliable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all time