A/C Technician (Al Maqam)
Full job details
“a passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
For the following department:
Engineering- AC Technician
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- The Technician operates, maintains and repairs all the Hotel’s building services and A/C & Refrigeration equipments. Work very closely with other team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complies with established safety practices while expertly performing preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of A/C & Refrigeration work.
- Operates, preventively maintains and repairs all pertinent hotel systems, devices, controls, instruments, equipments, etc.
- Complies with all established procedures, e.g. Work Orders, Preventive maintenance, Out-of-Order Rooms, Emergencies, etc. & Complies with energy management practices.
- Through logs and utilities data, determines optimal operating efficiencies and takes necessary corrective measures when variance from standards are excessive.
- Attends departmental meetings or any other meetings as may be assigned by Ex. Chief Engineer.
- Carry out preventive maintenance, repair or retrofit of all type of A/C & Refrigeration work, records and analyses operating logs and utilities. Take immediate measures as necessary. Handles emergencies in repair works. He is responsible to work closely with HVAC Technician when need arises.
- Carry out improvement, maintenance and repair work on all building services and A/C & Refrigeration equipments according to the standards and requirements.
- Perform daily startup, shutdown and inspection of building services and equipment according to the standards and requirements.
- Maintain tools and equipment, and perform engineering housekeeping work, Update daily maintenance log, complete the work order forms & work place clean tidy and well organized.
- To attend to complaints from hotel guests and other departments & Handles emergencies in repair works.
- Comply with hotel and department policies and procedures at all times & Carry out any other duties as when assigned by the Management of the Hotel and department.
- Work very closely with Room Maintenance team, meet the entire job requirement. & Follow all job instructions given by Shift Engineer or other Senior Staffs.
- Follow weekly / monthly duty schedule / split duty schedule and to carry out any other engineering work/ assignment and to perform duty as Task force and may be transferred to other group Hotels as Business demand.
- To be available in Hotel / Colleagues Housing immediately for any emergencies such as Fire and others and act in a professional manner to protect our Guests, Staffs and preserve the Hotel Property and its system. Follow Hotel Crises plan.
- Follow up Company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment. Attend all departmental trainings and other training program.
- Report work related maintenance problem, safety related issue, accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
- Use proper equipment, Wear appropriate personal protective equipment and use correct lifting procedures as necessary to avoid injury. Follow hazardous Material management program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals etc. using material safety data sheets. Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to Shift Engineer. Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines. Complete appropriate Fire and safety trainings and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Ensure uniform, nametags and personal appearances are clean, hygienic, professional and compliance with Hotel policies and procedures.
- Guest Relations: Address guests service needs in a professional, positive and timely manner as per hotel standards. Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using guest’s name if possible.
- Quality Assurance: Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relations with other employees and departments. Any job related complaints or grievances to be handled promptly with your Shift Engineer or other senior staffs.
- Minimum three (3) years experience with the similar position in a five star Hotels or similar organization.
- Interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Required trade license or certification or Diploma etc.