Assistant Chief Steward (Al Maqam)
Full job details
“A passion for perfection”
Swissôtel Hotels Resorts is a distinctive group of deluxe hotels where we put the emphasis on our people. We strive to provide a motivating and rewarding environment that attracts inspired and talented people who are willing to bring news ideas, use & develop their knowledge to reinvent their career path.
We invite you to be part of the dynamic culinary team as
Asst. Chief Steward
Summary of Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
• Proficient in the English Language (Verbal & Written), second Language is an asset.
• Must be able to handle multitude of task in an intense, ever- changing environment.
• Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, and solving problems as necessary.
• To constantly monitor Colleagues appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism.
• To always conduct a pre-function meeting with the Colleagues.
• C.E.S monthly gathering to achieve the maximum marks.
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure S.O.P. standards are followed
• Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
• Conduct regularly scheduled departmental meetings
• Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
• Ensure all banquet event orders are reviewed and ensure proper set-ups are in place
• Prepare monthly reports on shortages in chinasilverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines
• Work closely with the Chef, Director of Banquets/Catering to anticipate guest needs
• Order and control all inventory of cleaning compounds
• Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned
- Maximum of 3 years of progressive management experience in a luxury Hotel or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Candidate selection will be based on visa availability at Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts
Swissôtel Hotels & Resorts offers broad career development possibilities within a growing international group and competitive conditions of employment.
If you feel you are ready for your next professional challenge, send us your application today.
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 26.Sep.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: SMK00795