Junior Sous Chef - Dai Pai Dong (Wok Chef)
Full job details
Responsible for the running of the Dai Pai Dong Chinese Kitchen together and under the supervision of the Chinese Chef De Cuisine and Sous Chefs in a creative and innovative way by introducing a trendy Chinese Cantonese and Szechwan based A la Carte Menu, food promotions, as well as signature dishes which will create a positive outlook of the Restaurant. To lead, manage; organize under the Chinese Chef De Cuisine all aspects of food production to the highest professional standard in accordance with the standard operating procedure of rosewood Abu Dhabi. Must be expert on the Wok and be able to lead a team to success. Has to be able to cater to other hotel’s restaurants or banquet venues when needed. Has to work in the restaurants pork section in a professional and responsible way according to the rules and regulations of ADFCA.
- Ensures that the reputation and image of Dai Pai Dong reflects the highest possible standard and is reputed as the best Chinese restaurant in Abu Dhabi with consistent food quality.
- Accepts flexible working hours according to the business demand
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Chinese Chef De Cuisine
- Assigns in details, specific duties to Unit Chef or subordinates and instructs them in their work.
- Carries out full stock taking together with the Chinese Sous Chef at the end of each month in collaboration with the Cost Control Department. Cost Control and accurate Recipes to be set as a priority
- Insists on personal cleanliness and proper discipline of all employees under his direct supervision.
- To be responsible for the quality of all food prepared in Dai Pao Dong. Checks constantly all dishes for its taste, temperature and visual appearance. Makes sure that all dishes are uniformed and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Acknowledges and screens daily work schedule.
- Conducts daily briefing with his kitchen staff.
- Acts on issues and concerns in his field of jurisdiction immediately
- Communicates effectively with guests, subordinates, immediate supervisors
- Manages time effectively by meeting deadlines on time.
- Identifies and solves problems in a professional manner.
- Displays creativity in production items and flexibility in customer demands
- Ensures that the image of the F&B operation will be improved at all given times
- Maintains his work environment clean and proper at all times
- Evaluates objectively the performance of his staff.
- Provides the most effective training to all staff in his department
- To be team oriented
- May be rotated in ( banquet and other culinary areas )
- Experience: Eight years of experience in the kitchen field preferably in Mainland or Hong Kong Chinese 5 Star Hotels or high end A La Carte Restaurants
- Education: High School Graduate and Culinary school Certificate
- General Skills: Must have full knowledge of sanitation requirements in food handling, Must be expert in all aspect of Chinese cuisine with high level of creativity and quality standards. Must possess strong leadership quality, Training techniques, proper communication and Organizational skills. Must be expert on the wok. Guest Contact is a must
- Technical Skills: knows and understand the job description of all positions in his department, Knows and understand policies relating to his department, Recognizes good quality food products and presentation. Checks and improves all service standards established by the company, Supervises staff activities to maximize revenue and minimize costs, Provides assistance to the staff when required during the peak periods, maintaining grooming standards for all kitchen personnel, Conserves energy and water at all times, Responsible for proper receiving procedures, Responsible for proper storage of processed food products and raw materials.
- L anguage: Required to have good Base English.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting and carrying items, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.