Sous Chef (Dim Sum) - Dai Pai Dong
Full job details
Responsible for the running of the Dai Pai Dong Chinese Kitchen together and under the supervision of the Chinese Chef De Cuisine in a creative and innovative way by introducing a trendy Chinese Cantonese and Szechwan based A la Carte Dim Sum Menu, food promotions, as well as signature dishes which will create a positive outlook of the Restaurant. To lead, manage; organize under the Chinese Chef De Cuisine all aspects of food production to the highest professional standard in accordance with the standard operating procedure of rosewood Abu Dhabi. Must be expert in the field of Creative, trendy, tasteful and upmarket Dim Sum and be able to lead a team to success. Has to be able to cater to other hotel restaurant or banquet venues when needed.
- Ensures that the reputation and image of Dai Pai Dong reflects the highest possible standard and is reputed as the best Chinese restaurant in Abu Dhabi with consistent food quality.
- Accepts flexible working hours according to the business demand
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Executive Chef and Chinese Chef De Cuisine
- Assigns in details, specific duties to Unit Chef or subordinates and instructs them in their work.
- Carries out full stock taking at the end of each month in collaboration with the Cost Control Department.
- Responsible in personal cleanliness and proper discipline of all employees under his direct supervision.
- Responsible for the quality of all Dim Sum Food prepared in Dai Pai Dong. Checks constantly all dishes for its taste, temperature and visual appearance. Make sure that all dishes are uniformed and the established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Coordinates closely with the Chinese Chef De Cuisine in determining quality and quantity of daily food products to be purchased and prepared. Informs the Executive Chef/ Chinese Chef De Cuisine immediately for out of stock items or none delivered food products
- Menu Cost Control and Recipes a must
- Discusses with the Chinese Chef de Cuisine and recommends menu price adjustments when necessary.
- Acknowledges and screens daily work schedule.
- Conducts daily briefing with his kitchen staff. Assigns replacement when he is in vacation or absent from work
- Acts on issues and concerns in his field of jurisdiction immediately
- Manages time effectively by meeting deadlines on time.
- Identifies and solves problems in a professional manner.
- Displays creativity in production items and flexibility in customer demands
- Ensures that the image of the F&B operation will be improved at all given times
- Proper scheduling of staff in accordance to the expected work load
- Evaluates objectively the performance of his staff.
- Provides the most effective training to all staff in his department
- Motivates staff to grow within the company.
- Coordinates with other managers for all activities of the hotel operation
- Interacts with clients, guests, government officials, suppliers, and other important individual in the community in promoting the hotel.
- May be rotated in the operation of the other areas in his/her division and others
- Experience: Ten years of experience in the kitchen field preferably in Mainland or Hong Kong
Chinese 5 Star Hotels or high end Restaurants
- Education: High School Graduate and Culinary school Certificate
- General Skills: Must have full knowledge of sanitation requirements in food handling, Must be expert
in all aspects concerning high end, upmarket and tasteful Dim Sum with high level of creativity and quality standards. Must possess strong leadership quality, Training techniques, Proper communication and Organizational skills.
- Technical Skills: Knows and understand the job description of all positions in his department, Knows
and understand policies relating to his department, Recognizes good quality food products and presentation. Checks and improves all service standards established by the company, Supervises staff activities to maximize revenue and minimize costs, Provides assistance to the staff when required during the peak periods, maintaining grooming standards for all kitchen personnel, Conserves energy and water at all times, Responsible for proper receiving procedures, Responsible for proper storage of processed food products and raw materials.
- L anguage: Required to have a good Base English.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting and carrying items, endure
various physical movements throughout the work areas, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.