Spa & Recreation Manager
Full job details
To assist the Spa Department in organizing and supervising the operation. To supervise reception operation. To assist and fill in at spa reception as often as needed. To assist in supervising spa staff maintaining the highest quality of service and standards in the different departments of the spa. To supervise recreation operation, such as pool area and Rosebuds area. To continually learn and become knowledgeable in spa services and therapies, health and wellness.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Rosewood Abu Dhabi departmental policies, service procedures and standards:
- Consistently contributing to a positive work environment.
- Be aware of all products/services that are offered at Spa, pool area and Rosebuds program.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge and job skills, showing enthusiasm to always increase this knowledge and that of your staff.
- Ability to handle any guest/ customer complaints and ensure necessary follow-up.
- To maintain company confidentiality, ensuring that business dealings within the organization are not discussed with outside parties.
- Participate in the recruitment efforts for the spa, pool and Rosebuds in consultation with the Hotel Manager and Human Resources.
- Ensure that all aspects of associate performance are managed within your department including on-going associate feedback, counseling and disciplinary requirements, and the associated Performance Reviews. These aspects must be carried out in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Support all corporate programs and initiatives, relating to associate and guest satisfaction.
- Implement effective communication systems within the department, such as Rosewood Daily Review, ensuring that all relevant hotel information is communicated.
- Ensure that all communications are shared and logged
- Actively participate in all internal meetings, as required.
- Maintain a high level of safety in the workplace.
- Ensure that Spa Standards Specialist is upholding weekly Rosewood Standard Reviews with all Staff.
- Be aware and comply with any state and/or federal legislative obligations that may relate to your department.
- Work as and where directed by the Hotel Manager.
- Enforce Daily Check –Lists and update them as needed.
- Maintaining meeting and training calendar and projects
- Ensure assignments are defined to maximize productivity
- Assign daily tasks to therapist during down time
- Assign daily task to Rosebuds attendants and pool attendant during down time.
- Ensuring that line staff is cross trained (cleanliness of locker-room, pool area and lockers, proper tour of amenities and set-up of treatment rooms and fitness floor.
- Daily supervision and coordination of spa bookings, notes and arrivals.
- Daily verification that team has reviewed guest profiles and arrival list to ensure proper booking.
- Manage programs for group spa requests and group spa sales. Spa Manager should oversee resume, contract, approving appointment schedule and ensuring sufficient and adequate staffing.
- Insure programs in software and line staff responsibilities include consistent review of bookings and confirming appointments
- Insure adherence to cancellation and arrival policies and that all staff is following protocols and scripting in response to these policies.
- Assist with general secretarial and administrative duties to maintain balancing therapists, adherence to closing procedures; bank and drop standards.
- Coordinate with facilities maintenance, equipment service vendors, software provider, etc. for repairs and service.
- Be articulate in Spa and recreation operational programs: Supply Orders, Payroll, Front line incentives and commissions.
- Schedule to insure monthly inventory is managed efficiently and data is accurate.
- Assist in the control & maintaining spa and rosebuds par levels for operational stocks.
- Organize storage areas.
- Communicate and inform all spa employees of upcoming visits by VIPs and/or repeat guests; reinforce special requests and needs.
- Filling in and/or assist spa reception as often as needed.
- Follow-up phone calls and write reminder cards.
- Coordinate the sequence of services for group bookings.
- Be involved in the promotion and aware of the marketing concept for the Spa.
- Be flexible to help out in any service area when guests demand dictates. p of schedule should be on the floor interactive with spa team
- Supervise and oversee that proper housekeeping is maintained throughout the spa, gym and pool area, as well as Rosebuds.
- Supervise and oversee that sanitary conditions are maintained in the spa, pool areas and Rosebuds at all times.
- Participate in the careful planning and record keeping of staffing and time off requests, vacation and schedule changes to insure proper coverage.
- Work with spa leadership to maintain open communication with engineering on all open projects achieving timely completion
- Evaluate performance on all guest service programs and develop programs that will improve performance.
- Gather information to consistently update and upgrade service quality and educate self and staff.
- Perform general clerical duties for department when necessary, including unpacking, inventory, and restocking of merchandise.
- Supervise and make sure that a professional attitude is observed at all times by all staff. Address behavior and follow disciplinary programs as necessary.
- Maintain personal grooming and appearance according to the standards
- Maintain a positive attitude toward guests, co-workers and subordinates. Do not engage in gossip or any dialogue that may diminish the direction and goals of RCH/RHR
- Keep an open and flexible attitude; be willing to change.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum 4 years’ spa supervision experience in a luxury spa environment, preferably
within a luxury hotel. A background in fitness education and/or health related
discipline is an asset.
- Education: High school diploma. Diploma or degree in a related field or equivalent vocational
training certificate. CPR certified.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Ability to:
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English. Additional language is an asset
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach
up and down, be available at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.