United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Full job details
United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Hotel Management, General Manager
Duty Engineer Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Dubai-Raffles Dubai Employee Status : Regular
About Raffles Dubai: Not only close to Dubai’s best-loved landmarks, Raffles Dubai is one of them! This stunning landmark hotel in a distinctive pyramid shape, merges Asian style with an Egyptian aesthetic. Brilliant contemporary interiors, with 252 rooms and suits, faultless service and 7 superb restaurants and bars. At Raffles Dubai we provide our all colleagues with opportunities for continuous learning and development throughout their career. We are looking for talented, passionate and dedicated people who will continue the story and become part of our journey. Raffles Dubai promises exceptional standards of service inherent of the Raffles brand and complemented by Arabian hospitality values. Our core values of Excellence, Respect, Integrity and Caring serve as the guiding principles in everything that we do About Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises twelve luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world. If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as : Duty Engineer Summary of Responsibilities: Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Handling day to day shift operation efficiently (according to his/her shift)
- Distribute the work to subordinates accordingly to their capabilities in order to get the best results to the specified standards
- Supervises employees in his shift for attendance at work and quality of job performance.
- Ensures the efficient, economical and sound operation of equipment under his jurisdiction, i.e. Boiler, Emergency Generators, Fire Pumps, Kitchen, Refrigeration, HVAC/Laundry etc.
- Ensures immediate provision of services necessary to guests and other operating departments.
- Ensures coordination with other operating departments in the implementation of repair and maintenance schedule.
- Performs daily rounds of inspection in the entire building, giving particular attention to defective or deficient life safety features and observes closely the condition of all operating facilities and equipment.
- Ensures the immediate replacement of busted lights.
- Ensures that all standby units are readily available for operation.
- Conducts daily briefings of his associates with special emphasis on the Basic of the Day and events of the day.
- Reports immediately to his superior all defects and deficiencies noticed during inspection and commence the immediate rectification without delay.
- Ensures that there is no backlog in repair and maintenance activities scheduled within the day.
- Controls closely the daily consumption of utilities and immediate rectification if abnormalities are encountered.
- Reports the completion of all projects and work assignments.
- Ensures cleanliness and sanitation at the workplace.
- Keeps himself updated on all projects or activity status within the department.
- Follows up strictly work completion of previous shift.
- Liaises with the Duty Manager.
- Inspects finished jobs and ensures that the quality is highly acceptable to modern hotel standards.
- Ensures close supervision to staff especially in the implementation of special jobs during evening and overnight shifts.
- Maintains logbook of operations and activities with accurate time and details during his shifts.
- Coordinate with outside contractor and ensure safety regulations are followed and work been done with high quality and standards.
- Ensures daily inspection of all firefighting and safety equipment.
- Sees to it that all his associates attend to and execute all the complaints/calls and job requests from other departments pertaining to his area of concern.
- Implements preventive maintenance programs, energy conservation programs, safety programs, environmental and pollution control programs of the hotel.
- Keeps a close watch on spare parts/supplies required and advises the Assistant Director of Engineering beforehand to reorder in order to have at any time the expected replacement parts/supplies at hand.
- Submits weekly accomplishment reports and monthly reports of the status of all equipment.
- Observes all safety measures and work procedures in all works assigned to his trades and contractors.
- Ensures that all assigned works are completed according to schedule and priority.
- Responds immediately to any emergency call and acts as a Fire Fighting Team Leader in the event of fire or other emergencies.
- Follows all other instructions, rules and regulations that may be issued.
- Performs any other work and related functions as may be assigned by the Assistant Director of Engineering and the Director of Engineering to accomplish a smooth operation and maintenance of the hotel.
- Conducts technical skills training of the staff
- Keeps himself updated on the new and advance technical developments.