Waiter-In Room Dining
Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Full job details
- Attends regular training sessions in line with the departmental SOP’s i.e. guest care, product knowledge, grooming standards, up-selling, etc.
- Works as per instructions from the immediate Supervisor and as per duty shifts i.e. basic cleaning work, polishing equipment, table setting, collects materials / goods from other departments, etc.
- Communicates directly with guests i.e. presents menus, helps with recommendations, receives orders, places orders and handles payments.
- Ensures proper appearance (condition of uniforms) and grooming whilst on duty.
- Works (hands on) towards the timely set up of the assigned Food & Beverage outlet, according to the meal settings and in line with the opening hours.
- Maintains a professional / friendly, yet discreet relationship with the outlet patrons to ensure their well-being.
- Makes himself / herself familiar with all menus, promotions, and other relevant issues concerning the outlet (product knowledge).
- Reports cleanliness and maintenance issues to the immediate Supervisor.
- Handles guest complaints as per instructions or consults the immediate Supervisor.
- Does all mise en pulse work according to the whole day service requirements.
- Attends all regular departmental briefings and contributes to an open communication within the assigned team.
- Contributes to meet / maximize the monthly revenue budget for the respective outlet and understands to control the operational expenses.
- Familiar with the company’s internal policies and safety procedures
- Helps in other areas of the Hotel if the situation requires.
- Knows all areas of the hotel well for cross selling and to be able to attend the guest inquiry whenever it’s needed.
- Safeguards and handles hotel property as per set standards of the hotel.
- To ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for every food & beverage sale in the outlet.
- To ensure that a check is made and recorded in the POS system for any meals consumed by employees, or any service offered to guests as complimentary or entertainment.
- To ensure that guest orders are delivered on time.
- To ensure that tray set-ups are done accordingly to the order
- To ensure that orders are thoroughly checked before delivered to guestrooms.
- To ensure that tray/trolley clearance is done and that order control list is updated.
- To ensure that the guest is greeted in the room and service is offered.
- To up sell food & beverage products in the In-Room Dining
- To follow, update and file the waiter’s card. Hand-over to be given to shift in-charge.
- Perform Mini Bar tasks as scheduled and instructed by the manager or supervisor.
- To check rooms with mini bars vacant / occupied on a daily basis.
- To make checks for all refills in occupied rooms.
- To replenish mini bars of all arrival and departure rooms.
- To make fillers report on daily basis and submit to the Food & Beverage Controller,
- To be responsible for the mini bars keys and master key.
- To be responsible for requisitions and maintaining of par stocks of mini bar items.
- To be responsible for expiry dates and report the same ahead of time.
- To keep mini bar pantry / storeroom clean and tidy.
Yassat Gloria Hotel & Hotel Apartments shall provide an equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and career progress when it comes to gender, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability and shall not tolerate any illegal discrimination or harassment of any kind.