Junior Dockmaster – Marina
Full job details
Kempinski - Emirates Palace
Leisure, Leisure Staff
- Junior position for those with limited marine knowledge, or a customer service background willing to learn new skills and development.
- Assisting owners and crew with yacht berthing, arrivals and departures.
- Ensuring that vessels in the marina are at all times securely moored and protected from damage with adequate fendering.
- Ensuring that no health and safety hazard is caused by mooring lines, cables, hoses, boat overhangs, or material on the pontoons.
- Assisting owners and crews with car-parking, baggage handling, and such other services as they may reasonably request.
- Performing routine cleaning, repair and maintenance of the pontoons, marina workboats and marina facility.
- Cleaning and tidying buildings (including restrooms when no cleaner is on duty), removing litter from sea and emptying garbage bins.
- Educating marina users and ensuring they obey the Marina Rules.
- Driving club cars for passenger, luggage and garbage duties.
- Liaising with officials as required (e.g. Security, Coastguard, CID, etc).
- Issuing keys and security passes, and monitoring security (including making security patrols at night) and observing all marine traffic.
- Active involvement in all training programs and learning additional skills.
- Assisting with vessel movements, towing, line handling and rescue.
- Assisting at special events, exhibitions, and promotions.
- A good secondary education with training, qualification or experience in a relevant trade (e.g. electrical or mechanical engineering, carpentry, fabrication, general boatyard work, yacht crew, lifesaving, etc.).
- Maritime experience, whether as a marina or yacht within hospitality
- Experience in working outside and Middle East environmental conditions
- Or, outstanding physical sporting achievement and willingness to fast-track maritime learning.
- General knowledge or willingness to learn about boats, boat-handling, ropework, etc.
- Proficient swimmer and familiarity with working in all weather condition.
- Qualification (or willing to be trained) in VHF radio, first-aid, and fire-fighting.
- Physically fit and with good eyesight (spectacles / contact lenses are acceptable).
- Fluent in English