- Job Level
The Assistant Accountant has the main responsibility to maintain Accounts Standards as defined by the Hotel Accounts Policy. He ensures that all purchase is posted and that suppliers’ invoice are paid.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities. At Management discretion, direction may be given for task outside the work described.
- Must be familiar with accounts procedures and Prolific program
- Apply and ensure application of standards and procedures set by the Company Accounts Policy.
- Make sure that all material and equipment made available to the accounts department is correctly used.
- Participate in preparing the monthly accounts.
- According to Assistant Financial Controller instructions, implement the appropriate means to ensure all accounts receivable is collected.
- Make any suggestions to Assistant Financial Controller who will improve the inventory and payments of suppliers.
- Check purchase order against suppliers invoice and check that the prices between the two agree. Check the multiplication and addition on all invoices.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relation.
- Ensure all supplier invoices received from stores have been entered correctly into the system
- Transfer all information from inventory program to accounts payable program.
- Prepare purchase journal voucher in accounts payable system.
- Settle supplier invoices and prepare chouse for payment. Allocate supplier invoice and remove all paid invoices from system.
- Enter direct payments into the system, where the invoice have not passed through the inventory system, prepare chouse.
- Print payment vouchers and remittance advises and prepare all documents and chouse for financial controller to sign.
- Send remittance advise and cheque to supplier to settle account.
- Make adjustment to accounts payable system
- Ensure all monthly printouts and reconciliation are done before the start of a new accounting period.
- Ensure the interface between accounts accounts payable and general ledger is done in a correct way under the supervision of the Assistant FC.
- Ensure all filing is done of all documents in the accounts payable section.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management