Assistant Outlet Manager
The assistant outlet manager is a professional of service who ensures that guests receive the highest level of service at all times in the outlet. He assist the outlet manager in managing the outlet as seriously and rigorously as if was a personal business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- To ensure that the set-up of the outlet, the lighting and all aspects related to guests experience are monitored and up to standard, before each service and in accordance with the reservations and taking into consideration the weather conditions.
- To follow up that all table set ups reflect the standards of the resort and Constance Hotels Experience.
- To execute instruction given by the outlet manager pertaining that buffet, tags, set ups (when appropriate) reflect the standards of the resort and Constance Hotels Experience.
- To welcome guest in the assigned areas, as per company policy.
- To seat guest as per their requirements and according to the reservation book and the capacity of the station.
- To participate actively in the service and taking orders from customers
- To ensure that all food and beverages served in the outlet respect corporate and hotel standards and reports immediately and in a constructive manner any comment of non-conformance to the outlet manager.
- To anticipate and attend to guests needs in the outlet and ensure maximum satisfaction at all times, keeping in mind the essentials of good service.
- To communicate actively with all guests during service and enquire guests satisfaction. Report any comments or complaint to the manager immediately.
- To check that billing is accurate and processed in a timely manner.
- To bid each guest farewell and thank them for their patronage.
- To monitor that adequate hygiene procedures and standards are respected at all time.
- To promote actively the outlet in collaboration with the outlet manager and to seek ways of improving internal and external communication, in order to generate more recognition, covers and revenue.
- To monitor all controllable costs in the outlet within budget.
- To control all procedures related to the finances of the outlet, and especially billing, according to company standards and procedures.
- To foster a spirit of performance in the outlet, aiming at improving profitability thru up selling and other initiatives.
- To organize, motivate, train and develop the team members of the outlet.
- To promote fairness, balance and the values of Constance Hotels Experience amongst the team of the outlet.
- In collaboration with the outlet manager, to organise that the outlet is always covered with the appropriate staffing, and that team members are organized to perform their tasks with efficiency.
- To ensure that team members know their responsibility, and that they are organized in such a way that service is smooth, efficient, and reflects the standards and values of Constance Hotels Experience.
- To ensure a constructive and collaborative relationship at all time with all team members
- To lead and conduct daily pre-service meetings with all service staff of the outlet, and to foster constructive communication between the team members.
- To conduct a weekly meeting with outlet manager to prepare next week planning as per occupancy demand.
- To monitor all staff attendance, overtimes and extras.
- To ensure that a weekly performance report pertaining occurrence is given to the Outlet Manger
- To ensure that all team members have the appropriate knowledge of the menus.
- To monitor and follow up on corporate and hotel SOP and P&P are respected at all time.
- Must be familiar with procedures and standards of all outlets.
- To plan and monitor that the equipment in the outlet (SOE) is well maintained, handled correctly, cleaned and stored as per hotel policies, and aiming at minimizing breakage and loss.
- To attend and contribute actively to the daily F&B meeting. To suggest improvements and initiatives to increase global performance of the department.
- To monitor closely all matters related to maintenance in the outlet (except kitchen): requests, regular progress tracking, and suggest solutions if appropriate.
- Fill up daily operation logbook, and send to F&B office every day.
- To participate in training courses as provided by management
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy
- Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are resected at all times.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude