DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks out side the scope of work described.
- Prepares quality baked goods such as breads and pastries to specifications and amounts listed on order sheet.
- Continually develops and updates quality of baked items on menus.
- Consults with the Pastry Chef and makes suggestions for new and exciting baked goods to embellish the menu.
- Ensures the recipe file is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Trains Commis & CDP team members in methodology, equipment, and technique to create appropriate desserts, pastries and breads.
- Ensure application of procedures and regulations concerning hygiene and safety.
- Frequently communicate the status of all bakery food production to the Executive Pastry Chef.
- Supervise, monitor and delegate all & any extra workload to subordinates.
- Make any suggestions to improve the quality of services.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.