The Carpenter is responsible to ensure that all repairs and job orders are carried out in an efficient manner that negative comments are minimized. He performs the repair and maintenance of the hotel building, the hotel’s carpentry and paint, furniture work, as assigned by his supervisor according to the departmental standard.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Construct, repair and maintenance of all kinds of wooden, timber and aluminum works in the resort, which includes guests rooms, public and back of house areas
- Plans, works from blueprints or specifications, for new projects in carpentry works in accordance with relevant codes and practices
- Under the leadership of the Preventive Maintenance Manager work in all the different sections as per Preventive Maintenance program issued
- Work with technicians to ensure that any breakdown of timber structures/equipment are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Maintain the area and equipment under his charge properly in terms of performance and cleanliness.
- Do regular cleaning in assigned areas, including BOH as assigned by supervisors/Managers.
- Ensure the correct usage of the material and equipments without wastage or excess to requirement.
- Partake is guests comfort by attending and assisting in complaints related carpentry works, within the property.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
- Advise supervisor in the event of depleting stock levels for consumable materials for re-ordering.
- Ensure cleanliness of the appearance and uniform , particularly when working in guest guests areas.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a maintenance supervisor.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the green globe Policy.
- In case of fire or any other emergency, the Carpenter should be present with the team to assist the Emergency Team
Candidate Requirements :
- Certificate in Carpentary & joinery
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as Carpenter / Apprentice in hotel industry
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must.
- Energetic, flexible and can handle pressure
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety procedures
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and
during cyclonic weather