The Head Baker assists the Pastry Chef to lead, manage and organise all the requirements for the Pastry to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef. Ensures proper sanitation in the outlet kitchen under his jurisdiction, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels. Ensures to maintain the resort food cost at all times. Ensures and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation is maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Creates new products
- Presents oneself in a way that enhances the overall guest experience, by adding life and energy into each outlet.
- Ensures that all mise- en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
- Ensures all food requests within the time parameters, set by the resort and always displays attributes of genuine hospitality.
- Demonstrates excellent product knowledge of all food and special functions held at the resort.
- Establishes and maintains smooth personal and work relationships in the kitchen
- Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by the Pastry Chef
- Bread and Pastry portioning for the various outlets
- Processed Bread and Pastry products production
- Ordering and keeping fair stocks
- Minimizing wastage through creative recycling
- Ensures expiree dates are labeled on products that are required.
Health & Safety
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Maintains and creates a working environment that reflects a sense of place.
- Attends the daily kitchen briefings.
- Continuously trains and motivates subordinates to ensure resorts standards are maintained.
- Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Attends all training carried out by the Training Department.
Policies & Procedures
- When driving resort’s buggies, ensures that rules and regulations are followed at all times.
- Handles any guest’s complaint in a professional manner, as per resort’s Policy & Procedure (service recovery).
- Practices proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
- Ensures excellent communication and working relationships with colleagues are maintained and contribute to the team spirit.
- Exhibits outstanding knowledge of the resort, island and Seychelles culture.
- Knows and applies resort’s Policies & Procedures, including those for the emergency situations.
- Ensures maintenance work is completed, in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensures all fixed assets are well maintained.
- Demonstrates knowledge and interest in goals, and objectives of the Constance brand.
- Ensures all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Mauritian Law.
- Ensures that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed, in a timely fashion.