Chef De Cuisine - Gastronomic Restaurant
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Provides functional assistance and direction to the kitchen operation as assigned.
- Co-ordinates functions and activities with other Food and Beverage Department Heads.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in supervising the functioning of all kitchen employees, facilities and costs to ensure maximum Food and Beverage department profit is achieved.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in controlling and analyzing, on an on-going basis, the following:
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Assists in maintaining effective employee relations.
- Assists with Banqueting when required.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in conducting formal and on-the- job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in the completion of market lists in accordance with Ephelia quality and quantity standards. Checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards.
- Informs on a daily basis the Executive Sous Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information which does not require the Executive Chef’s action.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef with inspections of physical aspects of all kitchen areas, cold rooms and equipment.
- Provides hands on supervision and assistance in all Kitchen areas assigned by Chef
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.