Chef de Rang
The Chef de rang directly assists the Outlet Manager or any of his representatives in supervising and coordinating the staff. He is responsible of the outlet in the absence of the Assistant Outlet Manager and the Outlet Manager.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- Work closely with the Assistant Outlet Manager and the Outlet Manager to ensure and maintain quality standard of service.
- To be aware of the food being served and have correct knowledge of the products.
- Check safety, cleanliness and tidiness of the Outlet area
- Look after arrangement of group, VIP or special attention guests.
- Handle guest comments or other feedback, inform and discuss with the Assistant Outlet Manager and the Outlet Manager for improvement.
- Assist the Assistant Outlet Manager as well as the Outlet Manager for the training and development of the Outlet staff.
- Evaluate staff performance and maintain good attitude, discipline and grooming of staff.
- In coordination with both the Assistant Outlet Manager as well as the Outlet Manager, handle staff and counsel them according to procedures and policies.
- Assist in administration duties.
- Attend and coordinate briefing, meetings and training sessions.
- Intake and participate in Daily inventories.
- Care and maintenance of equipment.
- To participate in training courses as provided by management
- You are responsible for a clean and proper mise en place
- Carry food and beverages from Kitchen/ bar to service area professionally
- Serve guests according to set standards and procedures
- Collect soiled dished from the tables and service stations and to dispatch to dish washing area
- Maintain cleanliness in the Restaurant, service station and back area
- Set up display/ buffet counter with plates/ name tags and cutleries for different services
- Complete mise en place before the service starts
- To assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Pick up requisition from storeroom as assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Assist in greeting and seating the guests.
- Answer to guests queries and to refer any complain / suggestion to Outlet Manager or his Assistants.
- Take Guests order and process same on Micros
- Ensure table is cleared once guests have finished their meal, raise bill on Micros and present to Guest.
- Proceed to Front Office for cash billing, collect receipt and handover to Supervisor/ manager in charge who will process billing and settlement on Micros.
- For card payment, to direct same through the Supervisor/ Manager in charge.
- Before bidding farewell, ensure that guest has correctly signed their bill and settle accordingly.
- Maintain grooming as per standard at all times
- Higher School Certificate
- NTC 3 in Food & Beverage
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude