The commis is responsible of all precooking and cooking of all plates.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- Check the meals of the day
- Starts general set up of the day
- Make all the MEP needed for the day
- Laminated all products with proper labelling and production date and store accordingly
- Cooks meals under the supervision of superior
- Keeps all working environment safe and clean (Clean as you go)
- Clean all kitchen equipments after use
- Do proper handing over with the next shift
- Prepare food and set up for breakfast/ lunch and dinner
- Trains, assists and coaches all trainees
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Participate in training as and when required my Management
- Maintain grooming as per standards at all times
- Minimum 1 year’ experience
- School Certificate
- NTC 3 in Food Production
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude