Demi Chef de Partie
The Demi Chef de Partie assists the Chef de Partie to lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef. Ensures proper sanitation in the kitchen, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels. The Demi Chef de Partie ensures to maintain the resort food cost at all times and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- Liaise with the butcher on the amount of meat required for the day
- Check the fridge and thereafter informs the Chef and the requisition for the day
- Verify if the food from the previous ‘set up’ can still be used by tasting them if necessary
- Avoids wastage at all time
- Ensures the quality levels of kitchen production and presentation are maintained at its highest level at all times.
- Ensures that all mise-en place is correctly prepared prior to commencing service.
- Supervises the work of the Commis placed under his responsibility
- Participates in the service of any special functions or events organized by the resort.
- Performs any additional or special duties, as directed by a superior.
- Ensures that all tasks assigned by superiors are completed, in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that channels of communication are respected and information is disseminated to the correct receivers.
- Ensures kitchen, fridges and back areas are thoroughly clean at all times.
- Ensures that a safe, hygienically fit working environment is maintained at all times and reports any concerns or faults immediately.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned, when necessary or according to their schedules.
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed with consistency in the section
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene and grooming at all times, as per standard.
- Participate in trainings as and when required by Management
- Minimum 3 year’ experience
- School Certificate
- NTC 3 in Food Production
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude