Demi Chef de Partie (MK)
The Demi Chef de Partie assists the Chef de Partie to lead, manage and organize all requirements for his respective Kitchen to the highest standards and in accordance to the standard operating procedures as emanated by the Executive Chef. He is in charge of the Station during the absence of the Chef de Partie. Ensures proper sanitation in the kitchen, adequate stocks of food & beverage, inter – department coordination and training. Carries full responsibility of the operating equipment including its inventory levels.
Ensures to maintain the resort food cost at all times. Ensures and enforces the set service standard procedures by directing, supervising and motivating staff to perform to the highest level of service.
Communicates with guests and shares feedback with Chefs and Management to ensure high levels of food and service quality and guest satisfaction are maintained at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help with the breakfast M.E.P.
- Check the clearing of M.E.P and store all left over in the refrigerator.
- Keep your working place tidy, clean and sanitised.
- After cooking each dish working area must be kept clean.
- Cover all dishes with foil or film paper before entering the cold room to avoid bacteria.
- Help the Chef when asked to do so.
- Prepare food as per order given by Executive Chef/Sous Chef.
- Supervise and train all kitchen staff in their daily duties.
- Ensure the kitchen is generally clean and tidy before departing.
- Keep working place tidy, clean and sanitised.
- At the end of shift ensure the equipment used is cleaned and in good working condition and reports any malfunction to the Chef’s office.
- Help other cook in any department when asked to do so.
- Clear all unused M.E.P in a clean container, cover it with foil or film paper and store in its specific place.
- Ensure completion of M.E.P before service.
- Assists in the preparation and/or prepare food items as per order given by Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Chef de Partie to fulfill guest request.
- Produce dishes as per recipes, photos and set standards.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Maintain a safe work environment. Report and/or rectify safety hazards.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management