The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for the smooth running of the Housekeeping department, the development of the staff, as well as the implementation and the safeguard of all policies, procedures and standards of the hotel.
- Work with the appropriate departments of the hotel to Obtain and disseminate all relevant information concerning arriving guests and with his team prepare guests ‘stays meticulously.
- Ensure that standards of excellence in customer service are maintained and regularly updated.
- Develop Changes in product and services in response to customer requirements and evaluate against their improvement to the service.
- Ensure that guest’s expectations are anticipated, met at all times and even regularly exceeded.
- Monitor guests’ satisfaction throughout their stays and take appropriate steps and immediate corrective measures where necessary.
- Deal with all guests’ queries and complaints swiftly and efficiently.
Maintenance of facilities
- With the Maintenance Manager of the hotel, set-up and monitor a proper preventive maintenance program in order to ensure that the grounds, buildings and equipment and their dependencies are always meticulously maintained and in excellent running order at all times.
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
- Through proper communication ensure that staff members have all the information they require in order to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure that all sections have the appropriate staffing levels for efficient operations while achieving set employee productivity targets.
- Constantly monitor staff morale to ensure that the personnel is kept in an appropriate state of discipline, motivation and commitment to the objectives of the organization at all times.
- Ensure that the personnel receive appropriate and adequate training in order to achieve the desirable level of performance in the execution of their duties.
- Regularly appraise his immediate collaborators in order to feedback to them essential information to enable them to constantly improve their performance.
- Implement Disciplinary and grievance procedures in conjunction with the human Resources department.
- Create the necessary conditions for productive work, and working, evaluated to achieve objectives to satisfy qualities and standards of performance.
- Use effectively, monitor and control Manpower and natural resources to balance both budgetary requirements and customer needs.
- Enforce adherence of employees to the dress, appearance and conduct codes established by the hotel.
- Regularly participate in Management and Coordination Meetings organized by the General Manager or his representative as required.
- Report on the administration and operation of the department on a regular basis as per established policies.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy.
Budget monitoring and Control
- Ensure that all Hotels Constance financial control policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Through constant monitoring, ensure that all elements of costs are kept within acceptable limits and initiate any corrective measures whenever necessary (Expenditure & Opex & Uniform).
- Control the inventory of linen supplies, amenities and uniforms.