Guest Relations Officer Language Specialist German Speaker
- To look after Non-English speaking german guests and therefore organizing their reservations, arrivals, in house stay, requests, departures.
- To participate in all Hotel activities and services offered to guest by displaying accurate, updated and relevant information
- To participate in the Hotel visits, the Eductours, Wedding and Honeymoon.
- To look after guest database.
- In charge of stationeries, brochures and marketing tools (books, …)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure materials is in place for Reservation, arrivals, in house stay, request, and departure
- To organize Non-English german speaking guest’s reservation, arrivals, requests, in house stay, and departures.
- To follow up on Non-English speaking german guests issues.
- To ensure all customers requests are handle quickly and effectively
- Check registration cards to ensure that all details necessary have been recorded.
- Update all existing and new guests’ history files as and when new information arrives.
- Monitor Guest comments cards and compile and distribute monthly guest comments.
- Perform analysis of guests comments for management on a monthly basis.
- Compile and effect mailing lists when required by hotel.
- Prepare and send all compliments letters in reply to guests who have filled in the comments cards.
- Keep any records required for back up and future reference.
- Use communication tools in place to record in a diary or a trace book all pertinent events, which concern the guest during his/her stay at the hotel, i.e. Birthday, wedding, anniversary, wedding etc., and inform all the relevant departments for subsequent action. As advised by Guest Relation supervisor.
- To participate in all Weddings / Honeymoons reservation information passed to the front desk and other relevant departments and ensure all rooms are assigned two days in advance to guest arrival.
- To organize on a weekly basis the invitation for the Management cocktail.
- To keep up to date the Hotel golden book by asking High Profile guest to sign it.
- To participate in all hotels visit when required
- To participate in all eductours when required
- To coordinate with housekeeping, front desk and villas the visit for the day. As well as all other departments that might involved.
- To look after the guest history by maintaining a system that keep record of preferences, comments and special needs.
- To comply with all company and local laws regarding, Fire, Health and Safety procedure.
- To participate in any training sessions of the aforementioned.
- To report and follow up any defects with equipment within the work environment.
Candidate Requirements :
- Graduate/Diploma in Hotel Management
- Fluent in English, German
- At Least 2 - 3 years of experience as a Front Office Assistant.
- Effective communication skills and pleasant personality are a must
- Possession of superior interactive skills is essential
- Knowledge of Opera
- Possession of basic computer operating skills – MS Office/Excel is desirable
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather
- Previous experience in tourism industry would be an advantage