The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for the smooth running of all sections in the department by directly coordinating and supervising team members in assigned areas and provides a quality customer service to all our guests, internal and external.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include but be unlimited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
Customer Service & Operations
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include but be unlimited to the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Trains the Housekeeping Attendants according to the departmental set standards, policies and procedures and evaluation.
- Supervises the activities of Housekeeping attendants to ensure clean, attractive and well maintained guest villas, wooden path, and services area according to the SOP to provide guests with a prompt and efficient service.
- Ensure all team members follow the standard cleaning procedures.
- Check all occupied, departure and vacant villas.
- Ensure that all arrival rooms are released on time.
- Follow up and ensure that long staying and VIP guests receive special attention and amenities.
- Follow up on guest requests and complains.
- Assists with the upkeep of discipline and house rules.
- Reports lost and found items to the HK Clerk and make sure it is logged properly.
- Report any missing items and eventual damage done by any guest immediately to Senior Housekeeping Supervisor or Executive Housekeeper.
- Be responsible for proper organizing of allocated section and proper utilization and security of eqipment in work areas.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies to the HK Clerk immediately and follow up on corrective actions to Engineering Department.
- Attend to all briefing sessions regularly and update colleagues on the days events, discuss operational matters, and be attentive on special instructions and tasks.
- Establish an effective bond with team members.
- Provides input to Housekeeping Department meetings.
- Produce the supervisor’s report daily to the Exc Housekeeper at 22:00hrs.
- Controls and make requisitions for guest supplies, cleaning supplies, amenities, and linen if necessary for daily operations.
- Communicate and give updates on room staus to the HK Clerk.
- Participates in taking the inventories.
- Share ideas and recommendations for improvement of the operation.
- Ensure proper communication between the team members and superiors are properly flowing.
- Ensure and maintain good communication and relations with other departments.
- Advice team members on their work performance, and coach.
- Conducts job orientation for new team members.
- Organizes deep cleaning.
- Participates in unloading supply dhonis.
- Help maintain garbage disposal policy as well as recycling.
- Monitor Minibar consumption and ensure no abuse from any team members.
Maintenance of facilities
- Monitor maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance plan based on company standards.
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
- Through proper communication ensure that team members have all the information they require in order to provide excellent customer service at all times.
- Ensure the appropriate employee levels for efficient operations while achieving set employee productivity targets.
- Manage team members efficiently by encouraging team building.
- Checking of daily attendance sheet on a regular basis.
- Supervise completion of employee duty rosters and team holiday plans.
- Constantly monitor team morale to ensure that the personnel are kept in an appropriate state of discipline, motivation and commitment to the objectives of the organization at all times.
- Identify and ensure that the personnel receive appropriate and adequate training in order to achieve the desirable level of performance in the execution of their duties.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of new employees in accordance with the company procedures.
- Use effectively, monitor and control manpower and natural resources to balance both budgetary requirements and customer needs.
- Conduct performance appraisals, filling daily occurrence book, motivate and train all operations employees.
- Enforce adherence of employees to the dress, appearance and conduct codes established by the hotel.
Health & Safety Practices
- Ensure Occupational Health & Safety Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Ensure and maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the green globe policy.
- Budget monitoring and Control
- Ensure that all Constance Hotels Experience financial control policies and procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Through constant monitoring, ensure that all elements of costs are kept within acceptable limits and initiate any corrective measures whenever necessary (Expenditure & OPEX & Uniform).
- Maintain adequate stock levels within Laundry stores and issuing as needed.
- Appropriate records (Linen stocks, repairs, etc.) are maintained in accordance with occupancy and legal requirements.