- JOB SUMMARY:
- The Kitchen commis is responsible of all precooking and cooking of all plates.
· DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Fills in attendance sheets as soon as he/she resumes duty.
- Check the meals of the day
- Liaise with the butcher on the amount of meat required for the day
- Check the fridge and thereafter informs the Chef and the requisition for the day
- Verify if the food from the previous ‘set up’ can still be used by tasting them if necessary
- Starts general set up of the day
- Chops all the vegetables needed for the day
- Stores and laminates all products
- Cooks meals under the supervision of superior
- Keeps all working environment safe and clean
- Clean all kitchen equipment after use
- Do proper handing over with the next shift
- Prepare food and set up for the buffet
- Trains, assists and coaches all trainees
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.