The Commis is to assist the DCDP, CDP and Sous Chef in producing quality food, cost effectively. Responsible for mise-en-place
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- May be replacing the ½ Chef de Partie when absent.
- Perfoms tasks as required by ½ CDP or CDP
- Ensures that tasks are performed efficiently and as per standards
- Respects proper culinary techniques at all times
- Ensures that standards of cleanliness and order of areas, including cold rooms and refrigerators are respected and report to CDP
- Avoids wastage at all time
- Immediately reports any non-conformance to sous chef
- Follow kitchen P&Ps and SOPs and respect CERS procedures.
- Respects the core values of Constance Hotels Experience and Constance Ephelia Resort
- Respects CERS discipline standards
- Follows strictly recipes and technical data sheets, as well as menus and presentations
- Ensures that HACCP standards are followed with consistency in the section
Candidate Requirements :
- Minimum 2 years experience in culinary operations as Commis
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures.
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather