Public Area Attendant
- Job Level
The Public Area Cleaner is responsible for the cleaning and maintenance of Public Areas accessed by guests and employees (Stores, lobby, offices, corridors, changing rooms, golf, etc.) He/She is also responsible for cleaning materials, tools in pantries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Apply the standards of excellence in customer service.
- Remove all trash and traces and refill amenities (soap, gel etc.) and clean linen (towels.)
- Clean floors: vacuum, sweep, dust mop, wash, strip, wax, buff. Shampoo carpets.
- Wash windows, walls, chalkboards, and trashcans.
- Dust furniture, fixtures, and woodwork.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles and pick up litter in and around buildings.
- Clean, sanitize and toilets / bathrooms; change and clean shower curtains.
- Carry out a specialized custodial/maintenance function, such as refinishing floors, project cleaning, and the like.
- Provide customer service as per the standards of the Constance group.
- Deal with all guests’ queries and complaints swiftly and efficiently.
- Check all electrical appliances (lamps, hand dryers, telephone, mini-bar, TV, air-con, safe etc) in the public areas
- Check all other technical aspects such as door lock, black out, shower, hot-cold water, wc flush, blinds, curtains etc.
- Manage stock of pantry and trolleys
- Adhere to the dress, appearance and conduct codes established by the hotel.
- Monitor the progress of trainees to keep the training Housekeeper informed.
- Maintain that Health and Safety practices are followed at all times.
- Avoid hazardous habits such as placing javel water in an ordinary mineral water bottle.
- Use the correct materials and equipment (EX: sprayers)
- Report anything that may be considered a Health & Safety hazard.
- Report all accidents, however minor.
- Report anything or anyone suspicious to the Duty Manager immediately
- Signing in and out for keys (cards)
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management
Candidate Requirements :
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as general cleaner
- The level of quality maintained while focusing intensely on the guest satisfaction
- Be fully conversant with all health and safety and hygiene procedures
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and
during cyclonic weather